Sunday, February 26, 2012

February Friends at the Charlot House



We had Ferd's 8 graduate students over for dinner and I fixed "Hawaiian" spaghetti. I intended to take pictures but the excitement of caring for the dog, playing the soundtrack to' The Descendants' and getting everything ready, overloaded my memory and I forgot to. They are a great bunch of young people, all excited about entering the practice of architecture, all from varying backgrounds. Hawaiian spaghetti is like Hawaiian pizza - chicken, pineapple, peppers and onions in a sweet and sour sauce over whole wheat pasta. It was pretty but not really Hawaiian except that it had fresh, local pineapple. I'll try to remember a photo next time we make spaghetti, which we will certainly do. Before I arrived, Ferd went to Costco and bought 10 pounds of spaghetti because it was such a good deal!







Breakfast with Janet and Gary.

All local fresh fruit - papaya, mango, asian pear, oranges, pineapple.
Local breadfruit - sliced thin and fried with salt, pepper and cheddar cheese (made by Janet).
Egg scramble with onions and orange and green peppers.

I had also bought some taro, but after reading about how it's slimy, how some people really hate it and how labor intensive it is to prepare (as poi or as taro cakes), we decided to take a pass on that.















Ferd entertaining Clark and Bev














Me, not as entertaining, getting my picture taken with Clark and Bev











Dinner joined by Louis Longhi (Peruvian architect & also a visiting professor)

No comments:

Post a Comment